Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Studio Light - Focus on Backgrounds

Welcome to the Topflight Stamps blog! Today I'm showcasing a couple of gorgeous backgrounds by Studio Light, and showing a couple of different ways you can use backgrounds as the focal image for your projects.   



I used one of the beautiful backgrounds Topflight Stamps carries by Studio Light in last week's post here, using ink blending and emboss resist.  This week I'm using two more backgrounds with watercolor and masking. 



The backgrounds I used by Studio Light are the 196 (a distressed floral pattern) and a text pattern, similar to 212 (not the exact same one I used  here but the effect is the same).



For one of my cards I also used a Rose Image from Rose Garden 1 by Craft Emotions

To create the first card, I heat embossed the background using Versamark embossing ink and white embossing powder onto a panel of watercolor card.  I then painted it with pink,  duck egg and blue Peerless watercolors in a random fashion and let it dry naturally.  I cut the panel diagonally and then popped it up on foam tape on a white card base.    The die cut frame and sentiment strip are dies from my stash.  I added a couple of gems for some sparkle.


For my second card, I used masking paper with a diecut circle and adhered it to a white card panel.  I then stamped the text background stamp in purple dye ink.  Before removing the mask, I sponged round the edges and then removed the mask. 



I stamped the rose from the Craft Emotions stamp set in black ink, fussy cut and popped up on foam tape with a white heat embossed sentiment.  I scattered a couple of sequins and popped the whole panel up onto a  lilac shimmer card base.

As always, you can find more details about the cards over on my blog.  Please leave me any comments or questions!

Have a wonderful week!

Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10