Thursday, March 15, 2018

Santa's Gang - LOL

Hey Topflight fans! As many friends and family face the latest Nor'easter it got me thinking about the one thing I love about winter, and that's Christmas crafting, baking and family time. When our family gets together its always about good food and often it involves dancing and singing, so when I saw this adorable Katzelkraft "Christmas Gangnam Style" stamp set, I HAD to get it.



The image is EVERYTHING, so I kept it simple and just colored it up using Arteza Fineliner Pens, blending it out for a watercolored look with a water brush. The also used an Arteza Arctic Blue Real Brush Pen and a water brush to add a bluish glow around the image. With gel pen highlights on the shades, noses, hooves, boots and gloves, and a little shimmer on the antlers and Santa's white fur trim with a clear Wink of Stella pen, I think the image really comes to life. I used scraps of holiday patterned paper from an old (2012) Recollections paper pad for the card front and popped up the image on some fun foam to add a little dimension. I also added a thin strip of silver glitter washi tape on one side for added sparkle and shine.



For the inside card liner, I used more scraps of the same patterned papers, inking the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Faded Jeans for a finished look. I also doodled some sparkly star bursts with a black fineliner pen in the upper third and in the lower left of the card liner for a festive look. Lastly, I  heat embossed the sentiment in white from the stamp set onto a scrap of dark blue card stock, and simply cut it into a banner shape. 


Thanks for joining me today for this unseasonably Christmas card! If you're interested in more details about the supplies used or a coloring process video for this card, please check out my blog post HERE.

1 comment:

  1. The any author or writer always requires a writing skills so they always use fountain or ink pen that will never make their handwriting feel dull.
    Check out here

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10