Thursday, March 29, 2018

Go for the Magical Moments!

Hello Topflight fans! I had so much fun playing with the Katzelkraft Jungle Animals Stamp Set for the Topflight Stamps 1st Birthday Blog Hop that I had to create one more card. That flying hippo seems so impossible, and yet something we should all aspire to be like. After all, only be dreaming the impossible dream can it can it possibly come true.



I first created the background using the Katzelkraft Clouds Stamp with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass. As I wanted a horizontal card and the stamp has a vertical orientation, I stamped portions of the stamp out across my card front. Since the image was so loose, it really wasn't that difficult to create a seamless look. Then in the lower third, I wanted the look of rooftops so I stamped a portion of the Crafty Individuals Jingle Bells Rooftops with Momento Tuxedo Black Ink. To cover up some of my poor stamping, I filled in some stamping gaps and added some shadows to the buildings with Copic N1 and N3 markers.




I next colored up the flying hippo from the Katzelkraft Jungle Animals Stamp Set with Copic markers and fussy cut it out. For added shimmer and shine, I also coated the eyes and teeth with Ranger Glossy Accents and the wings with Clear Wink of Stella. Popping him up on double sided foam dots also helped him stand out and add dimension to the card. The sentiment, which is from the Dylusions Quote Medly, is heat embossed with charcoal embossing powder, fussy cut and popped up on foam dots as well. 





Lastly, I simply stamped out the clouds again on another piece of card stock and inked the edges to create a card liner. I love coordinating the inside of cards with the card fronts this way. It adds such a nice finished look, and it's so easy!




Thanks for joining me today for this whimsical card. If you'd like more details about the products I used, please check out my blog post HERE.

2 comments:

01 09 10