Tuesday, March 20, 2018

For the Love of (Lovely Lillies) Stamps

Hello and thanks for joining us today over at the Topflight Stamps blog - it's Jenny here, joining you with a simple watercolored Lillies card. 



The image comes from the stunning new Lovely Lillies set by For the Love of Stamps.   I stamped all of the images onto hot press watercolor using waterproof black ink.  I masked off one of the blooms and part of the stem so I could create the effect of a bunch of lillies. 


The set also comes with some great sentiments, one of which I heat embossed here in Rose Gold embossing powder. 

I used Daniel Smith watercolors to color the image (I used a number 2 brush).  The colors were Ultramarine Violet on the petals with a touch of Quinacridone Violet, the leaves and stamens were Pthalo Turquoise with a touch of Prussian Green.  Once dry I added some accents to the flowers in white and gold gel pen, and a few dots of Wisteria Nuvo Drops.


For the edge of the card, I adhered a strip of double sided tape to the edge, and brushed gold gilding flakes over the top - I love the vintage effect this gives! I finished with a strip of co-ordinating watercolor paper.  

For more information on the other supplies I used, you can find more details on my blog.  Have a wonderful day!

Jenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10