Thursday, March 22, 2018

Classic Forget-Me-Nots

Hi Topflight fans! Today I'm sharing a birthday card that I've made for my mother, whose birthday is next week. Her favorite color is blue, and I thought the beautiful For the Love of Stamps "Forget-Me-Nots" bouquet in the shape of a heart would be perfect.


I stamped the bouquet on Strathmore Bristol Paper and used a couple of yellow and a couple of blue Arteza Real Brush Pens and a water brush to watercolor the flowers. I also stamped extra medium and small flowers and used the same colors to watercolor these but used a Clear Wink of Stella Brush Pen for added shimmer. I fussy cut these extra flowers out and inked the edges with a black marker for a nice finished edge.



For the card front sentiment, I heat embossed the sentiment that says "It's Your Birthday!" using white embossing powder on dark blue card stock and hand cut banner tails on each side. I popped up this sentiment on double sided foam adhesive to give a bit of dimension. Then I added the extra fussy cut flowers on foam dots and positioned them to overlap the banner here and there. As a finishing touch, I also added three 6mm and 4mm Pretty Pink Posh Clear Droplets in to add sparkle, dimension, and the look of fresh dew drops on the card. I matted the card front with a pale blue card stock and then adhered everything to a dark blue card base.



I also created a simple card liner by stamping a Forget-Me-Not branch in the lower left corner of more of the pale blue card stock so that it would coordinate (but not be matchy-matchy) with the card front bouquet. To finish, I stamped an "Enjoy Your Big Day" sentiment in the upper center of the card liner; both sentiments are from the Power Poppy "Party Time" stamp set. 


Thanks for joining me today. If you're interested in any more details about how to make this card, please visit me on my blog HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10